AM over at Playing With Fire listed the things she would do if she won the giant lottery that's in the news today. I thought it would be fun to do the same!
If we won the huge lottery, I thought it would be fun if we could.....
- hire an attorney and money manager to help us deal with the inevitable paperwork and confusion.
- pay off our houses.
- fill the kids' college funds.
- donate a bundle to the church.
- remodel our current house. I sure would love to have a bigger/more modern kitchen, some hardwood floors and an office.
- take a huge trip to Europe and hire a personal chef to go with us to ensure that I could eat anything I want without worrying about food allergies.
- enroll the kids in any activity they'd like.
- finally get my teeth fixed once and for all.
- start a non-profit that provides high-quality subsidized daycare to low income families and single moms. Wouldn't it be great if people could go to work and not worry about the safety and health of their children?*
- help support various medical research teams in developing therapies and cures for both asthma and epilepsy since both of those affect our family.
- let Ryan start the business he's been talking about for years - a crawfish shack like the ones we see in our hometown. You might be able to take the boy out of the bayou, but you can't take the bayou out of the boy!
But all of this is dreaming since we don't buy lottery tickets. It sure is fun to dream, though!
What would you do with all of that money if you won it?
* Not too long ago, the owner of a home daycare in the Big City near us locked all of the children she watched inside the house while she went to the store. The house caught fire and all of the children died. I can't help but wonder if the parents of those children used her daycare because it was all they could afford. Such a sad, sad situation.
5 Uses For Resources
2 days ago