Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Sydney Wants a Sister

After we had our first official ultrasound, Ryan and I told Sydney about the baby. It took her a little while to take it all in, but now, if you ask her, she'll tell you that there's a baby in Mommy's tummy. And when we asked her if she wanted a baby brother or sister, she informed us that she wanted a sister.

I think it's because one of her little school friends, Anna Catherine, just became a big sister to a baby brother. According to Anna Catherine's dad, Anna Catherine is not adjusting very well to the new addition. Apparently, two and three-year-olds talk about such matters amongst themselves because Sydney refuses to acknowledge that our baby might be a boy.

Either way, we can find out the gender of the baby in July. I just hope that no matter what the results are, Sydney adjusts well. I see how frustrated Anna Catherine's dad is and I definitely don't want that to be me come November.

No comments:

Post a Comment