Friday, September 8, 2006

Bedrest Once Again

Our little guy woke me up at four o'clock this morning with some pretty severe kicks in response to the contractions that I was having. It seems that being jolted awake by the walls of his current home (my uterus) closing in on him was quite upsetting.

After several hours of contractions (and big kicks from within), I high-tailed it to my doctor's office. Three uncomfortable tests later, I was given a prescription for something to stop contractions and told to stay on bedrest until my next scheduled appointment (Tuesday).

So, unfortunately, I'm going to miss a weekend in San Antonio with my parents and my sister's family. Fortunately, my parents volunteered to take Sydney anyway, so at least I'll have three days of bedrest without someone coming in my room every five minutes asking me what is wrong.

After all the trouble this little guy has given me in utero, he better be the best-behaved baby/child in the world. Otherwise, I think I'm in for eighteen years of chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment