Friday, March 23, 2007

Birthdays Aren't Fun Anymore

Even though Sydney's birthday is still a good six weeks away, she has been talking about it non-stop for about a month now. She is so excited about having her party at her gymnastics club I think she's going to explode soon. Ah.....to be young again and look forward to your birthday.

The last two years, my birthdays have, for lack of a better word, sucked. Yeah, yeah, I was slightly depressed about turning 30 last year, but the fear of having a miscarriage weighed more heavily on my mind last year than hitting the big 3-0. My OB basically told me (on my birthday) to not get my hopes up. Thankfully, everything turned out fine and I'm now a proud mama of two great kids.

This year, I'm not depressed about turning 31. I was actually looking forward to spending the evening with my family celebrating not only my big day, but the 9th birthday of my niece, Laura. A little bit of cake, a couple of presents, the whole thing.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to enjoy the cake or any other food or beverage tomorrow. That's because, once again, I had to have another root canal today. This makes number four. Yes, four root canals by the age of 31.

So instead of celebrating my birthday with cake, ice cream and perhaps a glass of wine later in the evening, I'll be popping a Vicodin or two instead. No sugar rush for me....oh no....I'll be on a narcotic high instead.

Here's hoping next year's b-day will be uneventful and pain free.

No comments:

Post a Comment