* We have eight tiny tomatoes growing on our tomato plants! I cannot believe how excited I am about this.
* I've been saving glass jars for a few months now and after we go strawberry picking next week, I am going to make strawberry jam for the very first time. I can't believe how excited I am about this, either.
* I bought some flax seed at the grocery store and then came home and ground it up myself. I think moving to the suburbs has made me even "crunchier" than I used to be in the city.
* My budding reader, Sydney, has started the 6th Harry Potter book. She's read books 2-5 this year; she read (the 750 page) book five in about three weeks. She reads at the breakfast table, in the car on the way to and from school and the other day she walked into a wall because she was reading. Love my little bookworm!
* On a related note, Sydney has about 150 AR points at school (the kids read books, take computerized tests on them and earn points for correct answers). Last year she ended the school year with 32 points. Talk about a huge improvement!
* And another related note, she told us that someone paid her a dollar to help them with their AR test. We put an end to that and made her give the dollar back, but I'm kinda proud of her for using her brain to get paid. Is that bad?
* The boys only have about four more weeks of pre-school until they're out for the summer; I want to cry.
* We had some friends over last weekend for a really fun crawfish boil. I spent a couple of hours peeling the leftover crawfish and I'm going to make a yummy etouffee out of it for our Good Friday dinner. Yum!
* We're getting really excited about our Disney trip. I'm trying to decide if we should go to Universal Studios for a day so that Sydney can see the Harry Potter theme park. I'd hate to miss the opportunity for her to see the Harry Potter stuff since she's currently obsessed with it.
* We're taking the kids to go see Disney on Ice tomorrow for the Toy Story 3 show. Both boys love all things Toy Story. They have no idea we're going and I can't wait to see their faces!
* My mother-in-law officially retired yesterday. I wonder if we can wrangle some more free babysitting from her now..... ;)
* We're using our tax refund to pay medical bills. Aren't we exciting?
* I need to go buy myself two new swimsuits for the summer. I am convinced that having to shop for swimsuits after having children is torture.