Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Mispronunciations

While Sydney's verbal skills continue to astound me, I still find myself chuckling at her mispronunciations and mix-ups. A couple that had me laughing this week:

"Mommy, I want to eat a HANGERBER for lunch."

You figured out that HANGERBER is hamburger, right? The next one won't be so easy....

(Pointing to one of the Disney characters on a Memory game card) "This one is HOKEY POKEY."

Ever heard of HOKEY POKEY in a Disney film? I hadn't, either. It turned out to be Pinocchio, which I will admit is a pretty tough word to say.

Needless to say, we are entertained daily by these little pronunciations. I'm going to be pretty sad when she learns to pronounce everything correctly, but for now, I know to enjoy it while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment