Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Ewwww and Ick

I've stepped on some pretty gross things in my life: bugs, dog poo, a frog. I love going barefoot, but I learned to put on shoes when walking outside. I just didn't think I'd have to wear shoes inside my own house.

The other morning, when walking through the living room, I stepped on something wet. I thought one of the boys had spilled something out of their sippy cup or that Evan had left an explosion of drool on the floor. Upon closer inspection, I saw that it was a wet gel-like substance. A yellow gel-like substance.

I found a little trail of it from Liam's room all the way across the house to our room. And I found some in our bed.

The culprit? Liam's diaper. His morning diaper was so full that it exploded and some of the gel from inside it plopped down with every step he took from his room to ours that morning. And since he's gotten into the habit of climbing into bed with me in the mornings, there were little clumps of yellow gel in our bed, too.

Needless to say, everyone's sheets got washed that day and our bottle of carpet cleaning spray was put into good use. I also spent more money than I care to admit on name-brand nighttime diapers to keep this type of fiasco from occurring again.

Between this incident and the vomitfest of last week, I've had my fill of pint-sized bodily fluids for a while, that's for sure.

On the upside, the diaper explosion has pretty much convinced me to give potty training another try. I'm sure you'll be hearing all about it in the next few weeks. Aren't you excited? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment