Friday, August 21, 2009

Track Your Reading

For the last year or so, I've been keeping a list of all the books I've read for my book clubs. I even posted a list of them here a while back.

Well, thanks to one of my book club friends, I've found a new way to keep track of the books I've read. I can rate them and even see how my friends rated the same books. I've enjoyed reading reviews of books by normal people (meaning, not professional writers/journalists/editors/book reviewers). You can also win books by entering some of the contests, but I haven't done that yet.

So, if you're a reader and you're looking for a way to keep track of the books you've read, check out Goodreads. You just might surprise yourself with the number of books you've read!*


*But if you look at my list of books, don't judge me on how low my "number" is compared to other people's "numbers"; I'm only counting books that I remember reading. For example, I know I read several books in high school that would make the list ("The Scarlett Letter" and "A Tale of Two Cities" are just two examples), but I don't remember much of their plots, so I'm not counting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment