You know how when you're a kid you like to know what famous people share your birthday? Well, I always thought it was interesting that I shared a birthday with Harry Houdini. (I also share a birthday with Star Jones but I don't find her to be all that impressive.)
Houdini was known for his ability to escape from odd places and while I don't really believe in reincarnation, the fact that my three year old seems to be channeling Houdini with his potential escape artist skills is a bit unnerving. In the past several months, Liam has:
* broken a refrigerator lock.
* figured out the second refrigerator lock rendering it completely useless.
* unlocked and exited the front door to run after the garbage men.
* unlocked and exited the front door to run after the tree trimming man who was walking around our house.**
* stood on the window sill (a good two feet off the ground), unlocked and opened a living room window.
* climbed onto our entertainment center (a good three feet off the ground) to get the TV remote, open the cabinet with our Wii paraphernalia and open the cabinet with our office supplies.
* climbed onto our entertainment center so that he could reach the fireplace mantle next to it. Finding your child playing with the fireplace gas key and the little clicker flame device you use to light the fireplace (and used to keep on the mantle) is more than scary.
And to top it all off, Evan has figured out how to unfasten the oven lock. Two Houdinis in one house. Yikes.
** We've since learned to lock the glass storm door in addition to the front door. He hasn't figured out how to unlock it. Yet.
Two Weeks Later
23 hours ago