Friday, June 25, 2010

Brotherly Something

Sorry for the lack of posting lately.  We spent last weekend in San Antonio with my parents and sister's family for three days of swimming, eating and more swimming.  And this week, I taught a class of first graders (including Sydney) at our church's Vacation Bible School.  So to say I haven't had time to post would be an understatement.

Anyway, I'll post more about those events in a few days when I've had a full night's sleep.  For now, I'll leave you with some of my favorite pictures from our swim-a-thon weekend.

It started with some brotherly affection:

Photobucket

Morphed into some brotherly discomfort:

Photobucket

And ended with some brotherly choking and screaming:

Photobucket

On the positive side, the nursery ladies at church told me that Liam was very protective of Evan on our VBS workday; he showed Evan how to play with some toys, he insisted on eating his lunch next to him and he defended Evan against some other kids who were trying to take away one of his toys.  In other words, only Liam is allowed to pick on his little brother.

From what Ryan tells me, that's the definition of brotherly love.

2 comments: