Thursday, May 17, 2012

Flower Pot Party....

....or as Ryan called it - a Pot Party.  (I didn't think that was an appropriate title for a nine year old's party, though.)

For Sydney's birthday party, we had my painting teacher friend come over to teach Sydney and her friends how to paint flower pots.  The girls had a blast!

Photobucket

Sydney's finished product:

Photobucket

I had fun making the cake(s), too.  Ryan said I was channeling my inner Martha Stewart:

Photobucket

Photobucket

(It's chocolate cake baked into a flower pot with chocolate icing and crushed Oreos on top - yum!)

I paid attention to what my friend taught the girls and used the leftover cake pots to create end-of-year gifts for the boys' teachers.  Instead of filling with them with cake, though, I transplanted some of the mint from our herb garden into them.

Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment