Monday, November 21, 2005

They Lied!

Let me just say that all those people who say you can potty train a child in ONE day are LYING!!! We spent most of yesterday and I've spent much of today peeling wet panties off of Sydney. Either she's truly not ready to use the potty or she's intentionally trying to drive us crazy. I'm leaning toward the latter.

WARNING: Those of you who don't want to hear anymore "Potty Talk," stop reading here.

For the past two days, Sydney has been sitting on her potty for long stretches of time. And sitting and sitting and sitting and sitting.... When she's tired of waiting, we pull up her panties and set the timer for two minutes (so we can go try again). Within the two minutes, she wets her pants. Sometimes she knows she has and sometimes she doesn't. Argh!

So for the next few days, we'll keep trying. I've stocked up on mini M&Ms, her reward for successfully using the potty (she's actually received five or six of them), and I've perfected the art of deep breathing. In the meantime, I'm going to focus on the big picture and convince myself that she'll be trained by kindergarten.

No comments:

Post a Comment