Tuesday, May 1, 2007

The Things You Forget

There are lots of things about babies that you forget as they get older. As hard as you try to remember those things and hold on to those memories, they still get forgotten and lost in the craziness that life brings. Seeing as Liam is most likely our last child, I have spent a lot of my time with him trying to ingrain feelings, emotions and precious moments into my memory. I'm hoping that writing them here will help do that. So, here goes, my top 10 things I don't ever want to forget (in no particular order):

10. The smell of a baby after a bath.
9. The "heh, heh" giggle that erupts during a game of Peek-A-Boo or tummy tickle.
8. The sweetness of a baby falling asleep in your arms.
7. The look of pure love from a baby when feeding them.
6. The look of amazement when discovering new things (rolling over, cats, bubbles).
5. Cuddles that magically calm a crying baby.
4. Plump, sweet toes that beg to be kissed.
3. The delight of finding, grabbing and chewing on said toes.
2. Toothless grins.
1. Open-mouth baby "kisses" that leave a trail of drool behind.

Sometimes I wish I could stop time just to hold on to these memories and the waves of emotions brought on by them. Since that will never happen, I guess I'll just have to continue to live in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment