Friday, April 17, 2009

Fun Fact Friday - Kinda

- I got a Wii Fit for my birthday. While it's a lot of fun, I don't appreciate the Wii saying, "Oomf," when I step on the balance board. I know I haven't lost all the baby weight yet (and I'm beginning to think I never will), but sheesh.

- Our church currently has a campaign going that asks everyone to take 30 minutes a day to listen to a recording of the New Testament. Amazingly, my procrastinating self has actually been keeping up with it and surprisingly, I've been enjoying it. However, the actor who "plays" Jesus comes off a bit arrogant. I don't know if it's the translation being used or the tone of his voice or what, but it bothers me.

- I stopped watching Oprah a few years ago when her shows got all frou-frou and new agey. But I'm really liking her shows again (most of them). I really liked the one where she visited the polygamist compound here in Texas. I learned a lot and while I don't agree with polygamy, I understand why the people there might find it appealing. I know I'd love to have someone else sweep the breakfast room floor for the millionth time this week.

- I already miss "ER". It was on the air for nearly half of my lifetime and I never missed an episode. The ones that made me cry uncontrollably were my favorites (especially the episode when Dr. Carter goes to Africa to recover Dr. Kovac's body).

- I think I'm going to officially close my chocolate business. I was so excited about it when I started it, but then we moved. Unfortunately, our old neighborhood was the perfect location and I just don't know that it would go over very well here in The Land of Fruit. Plus, I don't have the time to make the chocolates anymore and I'm really tired of dealing with the tax stuff from the state. Oh well, I guess it can still be a hobby for me.

- I'm contemplating joining another mom's group. I'm a bit tentative, given my experiences with my last one, but I think it will be good for me and the boys to get out a bit and make some friends.

- They boys' nap schedules are driving me nuts. Evan naps from 9-11 am. We eat lunch at 11:30 and Liam naps from 12-2:30. Evan's afternoon nap is 1:30-3:30. I'm literally in the house all day while a child sleeps. Bor-ing. I cannot wait until Evan drops the morning nap and he and Liam are on the same schedule.

- Long after I finish a book, I find myself wondering about the characters and wondering how they're doing. And then I think something like, "Of course that character isn't up to anything. Number one, she's fictional. And number two, you big dolt, even if she were real, she'd be long dead since the book was set in the 1800's."

No comments:

Post a Comment