Monday, May 10, 2010

The Saga Continues

Remember when I thought my local library was telling me I read too much?

Well, the saga continues.

I was told then that the new computer system would be up and running by April 30th. So, Type A person that I am, I tried to log into the system on April 30th.

There was a little blurb on the web page saying that the system wouldn't be ready until May 1st. OK, no big deal....it's just one extra day.

So I try to log in on May 1st. Nope again.

Although I was getting nervous that I wouldn't be able to get one of my book club's May selection, I took a deep breath and vowed to be patient.

And then I got an e-mail from the library telling me I had not one, not two, but twelve overdue books, books I knew I turned in a good ten days before. And, of course, I tried to log in to the system yet again only to be told that yes, the system was up and running, but I now I needed a stinkin' password in order to see my account and reserve items.

Grrr....

I packed the boys up the following day and made yet another trip to the library, which is no small feat when you've got an active three year old and an almost-two year old who have yet to grasp the meanings of, "Use your 'inside' voices, please" and "Please stop pulling the books off the shelves!"

Turns out, the overdue book e-mail notification was a mistake and the magic password for the system was a very secretive "1234" (so that I could log on and change it to whatever I wanted).

Whew! The nerdy crisis has been averted and I can now reserve books again.

All is right with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment