This is my 500th post. Can you believe it? Me, either.
What started as a way to keep friends and family updated on Sydney (since we only had one child at that time), has turned into an outlet of sorts for a stay at home mom who doesn't have the discipline or interest to sit down and write in an actual journal. As an added benefit, I've learned a little bit of HTML and as a huge benefit, I've "met" lots of wonderful fellow bloggers over the past few years.
I know in the grand tradition of blogging, one is supposed to mark the 100th and 500th posts with a truly poignant post or a giveaway of some kind, but I'm at a loss for something truly awe-inspiring to say and the only thing I know to give away is my homemade chocolate and let's face it, due to our already 90 degree temperatures, whatever I sent would be a big pile of brown goo (doesn't that sound appetizing?) by the time it got delivered to someone. (Geez - sorry for the run-on!) But, I promise that once it cools off (so let's say November or December), I'll do another chocolate giveaway.
In the meantime, I'll leave you with a short list of some of my favorite posts from the past four and a half years.
* There's the post about our former neighbor, George, and his contributions to my insomnia.
* There's Liam's post.
* There's my rant about Katrina evacuees.
* There's my letter to the gymnastics moms.
* There's the post outlining a really bad day I had.
* There's the post where I announced my pregnancy with Evan.
* There's the trip Sydney and I took to NYC.
* There's my run-in with a live shrimp and one involving a whole chicken.
* There's my post on the woes of being pregnant.
* There's the announcement of Evan's arrival.
* There's the Christmas Carol post.
* There's the post documenting Sydney's big haircut.
* There's the post revealing my doubts about being a stay-at-home mom.
With 500 posts, I could go on and on, but I'll stop because I've already hogged the computer for three hours looking through old entries. But, it's been lots of fun looking back through nearly five years of my life. People may make fun of "mommy bloggers", but I think it's a great way to document our lives.
Despicable Me 3 Available Now
2 months ago