Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Camping-isms

I've talked about our family camping trips before, but I don't know that I've mentioned too often that Ryan takes Sydney (and now Liam) camping about once a month with a bunch of other local dads and their kids.  The kids have an absolute blast and I am perfectly happy to sit at home with no one whining about the chick flick I've ordered from Netflix.  I'm fairly certain that what they love most about camping is the fact that there are no moms on the trips.  My suspicions have been confirmed by the following things I've heard the last few months:

Sydney:  "I only brushed my teeth one time the whole weekend!"

Liam (to Ryan while he was packing):  "Why are you packing towels?  We don't take showers at camping."

Sydney:  "Did you know that there is such a thing as powdered donuts?!?"

Liam:  "I like going pee pee outside!"

Overheard from another camper:  "I can tell no moms are there because there are never any vegetables."

And my personal favorite camping revelation-

Sydney:  "When you toot at camping, you don't ever have to say, 'excuse me.'"

Nice.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, camping sounds awesome! Can I come? :)
    And what IS it with men and not bathing kids?! I swear that was my biggest complaint with Jim while I was on bedrest- he seemed to think the kids only needed baths when there was a visible layer of dirt on them or something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome! Just remember it's only for one weekend a month and they have all these wonderful memories with their Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tien said...

    This post is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete