Wednesday, January 11, 2006

What a Memory!

Everyday I am amazed at how quickly Sydney learns things or picks up a new word or concept. In the past couple of weeks, we have been blown away by her memory skills. Here are just two examples.

We went to New Orleans over New Year's and visited with Ryan's great aunt who is very fond of Eeyore from the Winnie-the-Pooh series. All of her pajamas have Eeyore on them and the last time we were there (July), she took Sydney to her room to show her all of them. On our last visit, after a few minutes in the house, Sydney asked about Eeyore and ran off to Aunt Elaine's bedroom. We followed her and there she was, pulling on the exact drawer containing the pajamas. She'd barely turned two the last time we'd been there!

Last week we went to the zoo since the weather has been so mild. The children's portion has kiosks with animal pictures and buttons that when pushed, will give you the corresponding animal sound. Most are quiet and harmless, like the owl or a cricket. However, one is a mountain lion and the last time we were there (probably July), Sydney pressed it and ran away from it faster than we'd ever seen her run. This time, she pushed all of the buttons as usual, but when we approached the kiosk with the mountain lion on it, she grabbed my hand, pulled me the other direction and told me she was scared of it.

I'm sure all other two year-olds have great memories, too, but since I've only had in-depth experience with this two year-old, I have to say I'm very impressed with her memory. Of course, I'm just a little biased.

No comments:

Post a Comment