Friday, May 1, 2009

Too Good to be True

Ahhh.....the potty training. It worked. For four days.

Liam did great over the weekend and on Monday, but then he went to Mother's Day Out and.....

He's back in diapers.

Ugh.

I should add the following to my list of potty training tips:

10. Do not bother trying to potty train if your child's pre-school/mother's day out/daycare teachers won't work with you.

I took him to school on Tuesday and he proudly showed his teacher (the one he likes) his big boy underpants. She gushed and declared how proud she was of him. The other teacher? The one who is eighty years old and should probably retire? She shot looks of disapproval at me from across the room and noticeably pursed her lips in silence (and this woman always has something to say). When I picked him up, he was in a diaper. The teachers declared that they "didn't have the time" to sit him on the potty every 30 minutes and they asked that I bring him to school in a pull-up from now on.

When we got home, Liam kept having accidents and Wednesday was just terrible. So I just gave up and put diapers back on him. There's no point trying to "re-train" him every other day. Sigh.

I'm so disappointed and I'm upset with his teachers. When another mother who saw Liam showing off his underpants commented that her son would be the last one in diapers, the older teacher said, "Oh, don't worry about it. In fact, PLEASE keep him diapers....it's much easier for us." Don't you think that people who choose to teach two year olds ought to be prepared to help parents with potty training?

So we'll just wait until summer to try again. Perhaps I'll just let him run around naked in the back yard all summer.

And, on a more amusing note, I have another tip to add to my list:

11. Cream colored couches and carpet are probably not the best idea when potty training a toddler. I don't think any explanation is needed for this one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment