Thursday, September 3, 2009

Farewell to FB Friends

Dear Former Facebook Friends,

I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm no longer commenting on your status updates. I haven't had the courage to completely drop you from my "friend" list, but I have hidden you from my main page.

While I enjoy reading about what you're up to, your kids' first days of school and the new cars you've purchased, I don't want to read about your political beliefs. An occasional news link here or there doesn't bother me, but when every single status update contains something political or inflammatory, I lose interest. Besides, I have my own opinions; I certainly don't want to hear all of yours.

In case you haven't figured it out, life is short. And having my blood pressure rise every time I read something you've written probably isn't good for me. So....goodbye. I hope you have a great life. I may occasionally check out your FB profile or wall to see what you're up to, but I'm not going to subject myself to your closed-mindedness and/or political diatribes on a daily basis anymore.

Sincerely,
Jana

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, I have the same issues. Which is funny because some of the friends I have that are ALWAYS posting political opinion actually share the same opinions I do. I just don't like how they are always posting about it and the way they post about it. Like shoving it down other's throats. That's not helping anyone.

    ReplyDelete