It's been a while since I've done one of these, so here we go....
1. I can now say that Liam is officially potty trained. He still wears a diaper at naps and a night, but he's in underwear full time now. He hasn't had an accident (#1 or #2) in a little over a week. Hurray!
2. I am officially tired of winter. It has been rainy and/or cold for the past seven weeks. The poor kids want to go out and play, but the yard has been squishy since Christmas. Yuck.
3. Sydney finally finished the first Harry Potter book. As a reward, she got to stay up late on a Friday night to watch the movie. I popped some popcorn and even bought some Oreos for the occasion. Now on to book #2!
4. Evan has been using the phrase, "Aww, man!" whenever he gets frustrated with something. It's adorable.
5. I'm almost ready for our NYC trip that's coming up in a couple of weeks. I bought a cute/stylish coat, hat and scarf and just bought my first pair of Keen shoes for all the walking I'm going to be doing. I've almost got our "instruction manual" done for my mom. That sucker is already five pages long and makes me wish I got paid for all I do on a daily basis.
6. I recently joined a Facebook group that lists the names of students and faculty members of my former high school that have passed away. Since I went to school there and taught there, I thought it would be a good way to find out about former colleagues who happened to pass away. Instead, I'm completely depressed by the number of my classmates who have died (we're only in our 30's for Pete's sake!). I'm even more depressed by the number of my students who have died. I think I might have to "un-join" it.
7. On a happier note, we've got some fun stuff lined up for Valentine's Day. I bought a giant bottle of bubble bath for Evan (the boy loves bubble baths), a puzzle for Liam (his new obsession) and I'm going to take Sydney to the store today to buy some new posters for her room. We don't really go out for Valentine's since eating out with three kids is not fun or romantic, so we're making homemade spring rolls for our special meal. To top it off, I'll be making Ryan his favorite sweet treat: cheesecake-stuffed, chocolate covered strawberries. Yum.
Maternity + Newborn | Newcastle
3 hours ago