Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Developments

We've had a lot going on around here!

* My parents have decided to sell their home in The Old Hometown and move to The Land of Fruit to be closer to us and my sister's family (she lives on the other side of The Land of Fruit).  I've been helping them pack up their memories and organize a giant garage sale.  I'm piggy-backing on their sale and finally parting with all of our baby gear.  Both the move and the selling of baby gear are a bit bittersweet for me.

* I went with some book club friends to see "Wicked" one evening last week.  It. Was. Awesome.  If tickets didn't cost so much, I'd go see things like that more often!

* Liam has decided to sit with us in "big church" on Sundays.  He did okay this past Sunday, but it was all new and exciting.  A few more Sundays of "Sit still!" and "Shhhhh!" and "No more candy" and I have a feeling he'll be begging to go back to the nursery.

* Sydney's sleepover went quite well this past weekend.  She and her little friend played and laughed and had a great time.  Despite my tendency to be a sleep nazi, I let them stay up until 9:30 (which is a huge treat for Sydney).  They went on to giggle, read silly books with flashlights and change sleeping accommodations until 11:15!  It was fun, but I was glad to go back to watching three kids instead of four.

* I think Evan is almost ready for potty training.  After my experiences with Liam, I'm not sure I'm ready for potty training.

* After everyone's wonderful suggestions, we made some great plans for our staycation.  And then Ryan was asked today by The Bank to postpone his vacation for a week or two.  Hurray - more disappointment.  Stupid work.

* On a more positive vacation note, we are going to try our hardest to get to Disney World next summer.  We'd like to go before Sydney completely outgrows her love of all things princess.  And I don't care what The Bank says, once we make plans to go, we're going!

No comments:

Post a Comment