Friday, July 2, 2010

Ten Years

Ten Years Ago:
~ I was 24 years old.
~ I had just finished my second year of teaching.
~ I was driving a green Honda Civic.
~ I was living in a tiny little apartment overlooking a perpetually green and unusable pool.
~ I had just gotten engaged to Ryan.
~ We started planning our wedding.
~ I signed up to take a sociology course at a nearby university in the fall "just for fun."  How dumb was that?  Teaching full-time, planning a December wedding and taking a college course just for kicks.

Now:
~ I am 34 years old.
~ I'm a stay at home mom to three kids, ages two, three and seven.
~ I drive a red mini-van.
~ I live in a four bedroom house in The Land of Fruit.
~ I'm happily married to Ryan.

Ten Years From Now:
~ I'll be 44 years old.  (Yikes!)
~ The kids will be twelve, thirteen and seventeen.
~ I will have a head full of grey hair.  (see above statement)
~ I will hopefully be working at least part time.  Doing what, I have no idea.
~ I'll probably still be driving a mini-van.  Or a flying car.  Or a flying mini-van!  (Hey, it's the future...you never know.)
~ I'll still live in our four bedroom house in The Land of Fruit.  However, I'm hoping that I'll have a remodeled kitchen by then.  :)
~ I'll still be happily married to Ryan.

How about you?  Where were you ten years ago?  Where do you think you'll be ten years from now?

1 comment: