Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A Diet That Works

Ryan and I have found that the "You on a Diet" plan actually works. I was skeptical, despite having seen the success stories on Oprah.

I have to admit that I'm really only following the diet portion of the book at this point. Between having a horrible cold (or was it the flu?) and not wanting to leave Liam in the nursery at the Y during cold and flu season, I really haven't been exercising as much as the book suggests.

However, just following the diet recommendations, I have lost an inch off my waist in the last two weeks and my weight is actually lower than it was before I got pregnant with Liam. Of course, my clothes still aren't fitting all that well thanks to my little post-partum belly. I guess I will have to get started on those crunches to get rid of it. Ryan has had some success with the plan as well. I won't reveal how many inches and pounds he's lost, but it's obvious that the plan, however tough it may be to implement, actually works.

In the meantime, I'm going to focus on the diet portion of the book and continue to avoid the five forbidden foods: high fructose corn syrup, sugar, enriched flour, partially hydrogenated oils and saturated fat. I guess that means that the only M&M's I'll be seeing in the near future are these:

http://us.mms.com/us/fungames/games/

At least they're entertaining and keep my mind off of eating them!

No comments:

Post a Comment