Monday, January 29, 2007

Tale of a true fortune cookie

Last week, we went out for sushi one evening and as usual, we got fortune cookies at the conclusion of our meal. I've always enjoyed fortune cookies and I know that they are much like horoscopes: so generalized that the probability of them NOT coming true is slim. Mine said, "Something wonderful will happen to you this week." I laughed it off and didn't think about it again until two things happened:

1. I did my weekly weigh-in at the gym and was VERY happy with the outcome. I am now two pounds away from my pre-Sydney weight. I never did lose all of the baby weight with her.

2. Liam slept through the night!! Officially, sleeping through the night is six hours and last night he slept from 9 pm until 3 am. I still had to get up to feed him at 3 am, but didn't really mind considering I got a five hour block of sleep. It's amazing how precious sleep becomes when you go three months without it.

Losing weight and getting sleep may not constitute "something wonderful" to most people, but to me, both are fabulous occurrences. I guess there is something to fortune cookies after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment