Monday, January 1, 2007

New Year's Resolutions (Revisited and Rewritten)

I was looking back at my New Year's Resolutions from last year. I failed miserably. I'm sure most people failed miserably. And like everyone else I have excuses for them.

1. Lose 10 pounds. Well, I had good intentions. I even lost 6 pounds. But then I got pregnant and I didn't think losing weight was the right way to go.

2. Read a book a week. I started off really well on this one. I kept it up for a good 2.5 months. I even kept a list going hoping that I could post it today and brag. Oh well. My excuse for this one is that I started cross-stitching Liam's Christmas stocking and that took most of my free (reading) time. By the way, I did finish the stocking and it looks great, if I say so myself.

3. Get the yard looking nice. I kept this one for a while, at least. But then, I was put on "restriction" by the obstetrician so that one fell by the wayside. Plus, I have a brown, rather than green thumb. That certainly didn't help.

So.....here's my list for this year. I've revamped last year's to make them more realistic.

1. Eat healthier and exercise more. Ryan and I are starting the "You, on a Diet" plan by Drs. Roizen and Oz. It's not necessarily a diet, but a lifestyle change. Hopefully, you'll see changes in both of us in the coming months.

2. Read better books. With two children under the age of four, reading a book a week is not possible. But, I can vow that the books I do read are good books, as opposed to the Nora Roberts/Danielle Steele ones I can knock out in a day or two. I've already started this one: right now I'm reading "Lord of the Rings." Ryan thinks I'm a dork.

3. Attempt to get the yard looking better. Between the lack of light and thin soil, our yard is not going to win awards for its beauty anytime soon. But, we can TRY to get it looking better. I've just got to find the time to do it.

Happy New Year's!!! I hope everyone has a happy, healthy 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment