Tuesday, October 2, 2007

My Apologies to Gloria Steinem

Sydney: "When Liam grows up into a daddy, he's going to ride the bus to work, too."

Me: "You can ride the bus to work, too, when you grow up."

Sydney: "No....when I grow up into a mommy, I'm going to stay home like you."

Ryan: "You don't have to stay home like Mommy, you can do anything you want to do and be anything you want to be."

Me: (Nodding head vigorously) "You can be a doctor or a teacher...."

Sydney: "I just want to be a mommy and stay home. Just like Mommy does."


I don't know if I should be flattered or depressed. On the one hand, it makes me happy that she wants to be like me (validation of a parent's life choices by a child goes a long way), but I don't want her to think she HAS to stay home with her kids. Hmmmm........

No comments:

Post a Comment