Tuesday, October 23, 2007

We're Back!

The termite tenting is over. Hallelujah!

We packed half of our house, invaded my parents' house for three days, moved back home and spent the weekend unpacking, cleaning and sanitizing. Both the dishwasher and washing machine have had quite the workout and we now have a completely reorganized kitchen, bathroom and toy room. So I guess you could say the reorganization of our house is the silver lining in all of this. Oh, and all the dead bugs. There's something both gratifying and disgusting about finding a dozen dead roaches in your house.

So what did Liam and I do at my parents' house while Ryan and Sydney were at work and school, you ask? We played in the backyard (makes the idea of moving to the 'burbs and having a back yard more enticing), stared at and chased the cat (the cat is still faster than him) and played with a whole new set of toys. My mom watched him quite a bit while I sewed this for some friends who are having a baby in December:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is this front.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is the "frilly" side.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is a close-up of the frilly side.

We're looking forward to getting our lives back to normal and gearing up for Halloween. Now that it finally feels like fall, I can't wait to pull out my pumpkin recipes and get started on some yummy treats. Of course, we still have three-quarters of Ryan's birthday cheesecake to eat, so I'm guessing that all my hard work to lose weight will be wasted, but it's worth it, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment