Friday, May 2, 2008

May 2nd

Five years ago today was my last day of teaching. I taught high school for five years before quitting on May 2nd to stay home with Sydney. She wasn't born yet, but I did take off a week to "rest" before her due date of May 12th. To celebrate my last day, I drank not one, but two Route 44 Cherry Limeades from Sonic (Ryan didn't want his) and then we went out to eat at our favorite Cajun restaurant (it has since closed). I had the crawfish etouffee. Yum.

Ten years ago today was my last college final exam (History of the Middle Ages, to be exact). I didn't do much celebrating since I was poor, but I do remember taking one long, last walk around the campus I had called home for four years. I graduated one week later.

In the ten years since that last exam, I moved into my own apartment, bought my first car, taught approximately 600 students, got married, bought a house, had two children and started a business.

Where were you five or even ten years ago today?

No comments:

Post a Comment