Thanks to everyone for their thoughts on the Big Bed Swap. I think we'll try having the boys in the same room (with no toys, just books) and see how it works out. Who knows....if it works, maybe we'll wind up with an extra bedroom! Oh, and to answer your question, Tien, Evan is now a master at climbing in and out of his crib - we never know where we're going to find him in the morning!
It's been a while since I did the whole "Fun Fact Friday" thing and seeing as I don't have enough about any particular subject to write an entire post, I thought I'd just put them all in one spot.
* We met Sydney's 2nd grade teacher this morning. All Sydney knew about her was that she's the lady who "squeezes kids' arms too hard when they're crying." This does not bode well for my sweet, sensitive daughter who cries about everything. The teacher seemed nice and I am really trying to keep an open mind about her. We shall see, I suppose.
* For fun, the kids and I rode Houston's light rail train from end to end one day this week. We got off a few times to look at some interesting things and then walked a couple of blocks to meet Ryan for lunch. The boys loved riding the train and they all did a good job of not gawking too much at the homeless people (although Liam did comment on the man sitting near us that had no arms - boy was that was a fun conversation). I think we're going to make it an annual event it was so much fun.
* Since I loved P & P so much, I decided that in addition to my book club books, I'm going to read all of Austen's books this year. I've finished Persuasion and am hoping to check out Sense and Sensibility (or as Ryan calls it - Dense and Densibility) the next time we're at the library. I think I'm turning into a book snob.
* Sydney is loving the Netflix streaming thing. Her favorite thing to watch is Scooby Doo and she's asked if we can make some Scooby Snacks. Ummm......I don't think so.
* My parents have officially moved to The Land of Fruit. It is awesome having them just ten minutes away. I am predicting that Ryan and I are going to get to have a lot more date nights in the future!
* My niece is starting high school next week. High school! How did she grow up so fast?
* And on a related note, when did I get so freaking old?!?
3 months ago