Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

Busy. This is the only word I can use to describe the last several days.

We had our house hunting Friday morning and afternoon. Then we entertained a friend and his son that evening.

Saturday was spent raking up several bags of leaves (yes, the leaves are still falling around here), dyeing Easter eggs, preparing for Sunday's big meal and taking care of the obligatory bluebonnet photo:

Photobucket


For those of you not from Texas, it is tradition that you drag your children out to a field of bluebonnets every spring and try to get a picture of them sitting happily in said field. We discovered that it is quite impossible to get a good picture of more than one child at a time. I can't imagine how hard it will be next year when we have three whiny children who would rather explore the nearby playground than sit in front of some boring blue flowers.

Sunday just wore us out. We went to our church's Easter service at a nearby park and sped to my in-laws' out in the 'burbs for lunch and a huge Easter egg hunt. Sydney was the oldest of the five kids there and she had the whole hunting thing down:

Photobucket


Liam eventually got it:

Photobucket


Of course, he preferred to just walk around holding the eggs:

Photobucket


He even helped out Sydney:

Photobucket


What a sweet brother.

We then headed out to The Land of Fruit to my sister's house to have dinner and another egg hunt. We were exhausted by the time we got home.

Monday was rather uneventful, except for the fact that I turned 32 (gasp!). The kids and I had lunch with my mom and visiting great aunt at a charming little tea room and then spent the afternoon at my sister's house for a longer visit with the aunt.

And now we're home for the foreseeable future and I'm glad to just be able to sit, relax and raid the kids' haul of Easter candy. Those Robin's eggs are addictive, I tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment