Friday, April 18, 2008

Check!

I've spent the week as a single parent getting ready for Baby #3. Remember the list I made? Well, I'm slowly making my way through it.

Gender neutral coming home outfit for the baby? Check!

Photobucket


Sibling t-shirts for Sydney and Liam? Check!

Photobucket


Gift for Liam from the baby? Check!

Photobucket


Gift for Sydney from the baby? Check! (Ryan picked up an "outfit" for her birthday present)
Wash, fold and organize my stash of newborn clothes, burp cloths and blankets? Check!
Buy newborn diapers? Check!
Register with the hospital? Check!
Buy and fill in a baby book? Check!

I've only got a few more things left on my list. And I've now got less than 30 days to go - yikes!

_______________________________

And despite all the talking and ear bleeding, we've had a good time this week. Sydney's class went on a field trip to the zoo yesterday and I got to hear all about it. And since my parents took Liam for a couple of days, I got quite a bit of quiet time. Ahhh....quiet.

But before he went out to the 'burbs with them, he had an explosion of learning. He figured out how to walk backward (so cute!). He started signing "open" and "milk" along with "more" and "daddy". He started saying, "Edo?" when holding his play phone up to his ear. And he figured out how to climb:

Photobucket


And he proved that he's a man after my own heart (lounging AND reading):

Photobucket


He is quite the little reader - always grabbing a book and climbing into my lap to read it. I have to say that reading to my kids is one of my favorite things to do and I'm really glad that he loves reading as much as Sydney and I do.

Anyway, my single parenthood ends this evening. Boy am I glad it's over!

No comments:

Post a Comment