Monday, February 23, 2009

Poor Middle Child

After giving both Sydney and Evan posts of their own last week, I decided that poor middle child Liam needed a post of his own as well.

He's now 27 months old and is such a little boy. He is into absolutely everything and while he is adorable about 85% of the time, the other 15% of each day is the stereotypical terrible twos. I wouldn't be surprised if his first full sentence wasn't "Go to your room" or "Get out of the fridge" seeing as those are the two phrases he hears the most.

His favorite thing to do is to open the refrigerator and either grab his milk or steal a grape or two. We finally put a lock on the fridge after he snuck a handful of raw chopped onion and green pepper that I'd prepared for dinner (boy, was he an unhappy camper after chomping on those for a few seconds). The next day, I caught him pulling his chair over to the fridge and studying the lock. The day after that? The fridge lock was magically broken. So Ryan is installing a baby gate across the kitchen entrance as I type this.

He is also talking a lot more than before. Ryan and I are still the only people who understand most of what he's saying, but he's adding one or two new words to his vocabulary each day and has finally started using the all-important two word phrases that our pediatrician was looking for at his two year appointment back in November. It's so cute to hear him ask, "Where's Daddy?" or "Where's Sydney?" He's also repeating everything Sydney says. Ryan and I find ourselves cracking up throughout dinnertime.

As for potty training.....He's interested in the whole process, but I just don't think he's ready for the all out potty training boot camp yet. So I think we'll wait until summertime to start pushing him a bit in the potty department.

I've had all sorts of fun taking his picture the last couple of months. Here are a few of my favorites:




No comments:

Post a Comment