Tuesday, March 31, 2009

All Jokes Aside

Happy April Fool's Day!!

Seriously, I am loving April 1st and I am so glad March is over. Aside from my friend's wedding and my birthday, March just pretty much stunk.

I've written about the deaths we've been dealing with lately. My parents are still reeling from the loss of their friend a couple of weeks ago and I've been worried about them. My dad was at the hospital sitting with their friend so that his wife could run home and take a shower when he (the friend) passed away. While my dad is a very strong person, I think his friend's passing hit a little too close to home for him. And my cat died last week, too. I know....a cat is not a person, but she was my cat, given to me by my high school sweetheart. She lived with my parents for 17 years (her birthday was two days before mine) and was as sweet as could be. My dad doted on her and was with her when she died, too.

My attitude has not been helped by the fact that I've been sick most of the month, either. The pollen counts here in The Land of Fruit have been through the roof and I don't think I've gone a day without some kind of allergy symptom: itchy eyes, runny/stuffy nose, sore throat, hives. Be sure to by some stock in Kleenex, because the way I've been going through them, the price of it is bound to be going up.

And then there are the hormones. The emotional and hormonal ups and downs that come with weaning are a killer. Evan became a completely bottle fed baby this week and it's just been rough on me. Not only have I stopped producing those natural "mood lifting" hormones, but I've also been saddled with the sadness of weaning my last baby. It's just a seemingly unexplainable sadness. I know that in time my body will adjust and I'll be back to normal, but in the meantime, I feel like I'm in mourning for something and I just don't know what that "something" is. See? Totally unexplainable (or is it inexplicable? - I don't know and I'm too unmotivated to look it up).

Anyway, April is here and I'm hoping that no one will die, the pollen count will go down and my hormones will get back to normal. At least I can console myself with a glass of wine or a caffeinated soda and not feel guilty about it, right?


* I promise my next post won't be this whiny!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment