Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Updates and Such

Sorry for the lack of posting lately. The weather has been phenomenal so we've been outside quite a bit to take advantage of it. Despite the piles of oak pollen polluting the neighborhood, we decided to have a picnic at a nearby park on Saturday.

Sydney enjoying her pb&j:

Photobucket


Evan after a lunch of peas:

Photobucket


Liam, man on a mission to hit me in the head with a tennis ball:

Photobucket


Having fun on the seesaw:

Photobucket


Going for a walk around the lake:

Photobucket


Liam, refusing to rest with Ryan:

Photobucket


Sydney, practicing her balance beam skills:

Photobucket


Evan, playing with a bunny:

Photobucket

***********

The spring cleaning is going slowly, but it's going. I've already filled a box of stuff from our closet (including about a dozen pairs of shoes) and plan on cleaning out my clothes next week once the dining room is available (post book club) as a storage area for the giveaway piles. I've already packed up my nursing tanks and bras since Evan is down to two feedings a day. Needless to say, I will not miss the icky nursing gear at all.

***********

Speaking of the dining room, I bought a cute new table cloth for my book club hosting next week. (By the way, you know you're getting old when you have fun looking at table cloths.) Alli asked me if I'd settled on a menu yet and I think I have:

Pulled pork
Fresh green beans cooked al dente with slivered almonds and a spritz of lemon juice
Sliced tomatoes and cucumbers in a light vinegarette (as the salad)
Biscuits
Cornbread
Banana pudding

I figure it's southern, but not too fattening. I'll let you know how everyone liked it next week.

***********

It's supposed to be cold and rainy the next few days, so hopefully I'll have more time to post. Until then.....

No comments:

Post a Comment