1. There's a guy down the street who is always sitting at a table in his garage when we drive past. It's Texas, it's hot, and he's sitting in an even hotter garage. During the spring, he sat there guarding a bunch of tiny plants sitting under heat lamps. Now he just sits there staring into space. Anyone wanna take a guess at what kind of plants those were?
2. I am always amazed when someone recognizes me when I'm out and about. It's usually someone I've met through church or Sydney's school, but I guess I've always assumed that I have one of those boring, forgettable faces that no one would remember.
3. Evan had to stay home from Mother's Day Out this week due to a horrible case of pinkeye. I realized how spoiled I'd become in just two weeks of having both boys out of the house for two days a week.
4. Sydney had her school pictures taken today. I felt bad because we didn't order any, but jeez, they are so expensive! Plus, I find it creepy that you can pay extra to have them "softened" and "retouched." Kinda takes the fun out of school pictures if you ask me.
5. I signed up to host book club this month and it turned into a baby shower for one of the members. Now I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to get everything pulled together. How in the world do I get myself into these things?
6. Sydney informed me of her Christmas wish list: The Chronicles of Narnia movies and a laptop computer. A laptop! Yeah, right....keep dreamin' kid.
7. The big bosses at The Bank asked Ryan if he wanted to move to NYC. Are you kidding me? My parents just moved to The Land of Fruit to be closer to us! He politely declined and then was told that he'll be traveling a lot more in the coming months. Oh well, at least he'll build up some airline and hotel points.
8. It's supposed to cool down next week. Granted, for us that means highs in the eighties, but I'm already giddy with anticipation.
2 months ago