We're the kind of people who drive their cars until they're nearly dead. When we bought our mini-van a few years ago, we thought we'd have it for at least ten years or so. But now that I'm on full-time chauffeur duty, I just don't know if it's going to make it that long.
Just today I drove:
- to Sydney's school to drop her off and then back home.
- to church to drop the boys off at pre-school and go to Mom's Bible Study.
- to the post office.
- to home to get a coupon.
- to McDonald's to get lunch.
- to Sydney's school to surprise her with lunch and then back home.
- to church to pick up the boys from pre-school and then back home.
- to Sydney's school to pick her up and then back home.
- to swim lessons.
- to my parents' new house for a quick visit.
- and finally, back home for the evening.
Just today, I drove 44 miles. 44 miles! And sadly, I'm averaging only nine miles a gallon. My carbon footprint is growing exponentially and if you listen hard enough, you'll probably be able to hear Al Gore and Ed Begley, Jr. crying because of it.
I'm exhausted from doing nothing more than driving all day long and I know it's only going to get worse as the kids get older and into more activities.
I'm getting tired just thinking about it!
Perhaps You've Seen It?
2 months ago