Saturday, July 28, 2007

Growing Up

Our little guy is growing up and it is quite bittersweet. I marvel at how quickly he learns and how rapidly his physical development is occurring, but I am sad because with each passing day he loses just a bit of his babiness.

Today Liam started crawling. He's been rocking back and forth on his knees for a a couple of weeks, but today, he finally figured out how to coordinate the hands and knees. He still moves fairly slowly, but I know that within the week he'll be zooming all over the living room which has now been quartered off with the baby gate. He'll also have access to all of Sydney's toys which reside in the adjacent playroom. Any bets on how long it will take for us to hear, "Liam's touching my toys!"?

Another milestone was reached this week. Liam has found himself. And not in the teenage angst or midlife crisis existential sort of way, but in the "Hey, what's this cool thing that they keep covering up with a diaper?" sort of way. This is a whole new territory for me; I have no clue how to deal with this. I'm sure this is just the first of many "boy" matters I'm going to have to deal with. I've got a lot to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment