Monday, July 2, 2007

A New Kind of Diet

I've developed a new kind of diet. I'm going to trademark it as "The Dental Work Diet". You see, once again, I'm set to visit the root canal dentist today for root canal #5. Yes, folks, root canal #5. So, in honor of this momentous occasion, I created a new diet.

Breakfast: oatmeal with a pinch of brown sugar (instead of the cranberries and almonds I usually put in it since there's no way I can chew them without screaming)

Morning snack: a yogurt shake (to counteract the lovely effects of the antibiotic on my digestive system)

Lunch: soup (preferably something yummy from Central Market, but out of a can will do fine, too)

Afternoon snack: a Sprite to help my stomach calm down from all of the pain killers I'm on

Dinner: more soup and perhaps a piece of very tender fish which I cut into tiny bites and shove to the back of my mouth to avoid the tooth in question

Evening snack - chocolate milkshake

Feel free to adapt this diet to your own needs should you ever need dental work. For instance, you might want to add a shot (or two) of your favorite liqueur to the milkshake to help you sleep better. Or you might want to lose the milkshake all together and just have the shots. Have fun making it your own.

In the mean time, I'll be sipping on my soup and Sprite and praying that this is the last root canal I ever have to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment