Sunday, August 5, 2007

Coward

I am admitting it....I am a coward. I posted a while back about wanting to start a business and I just can't work up the courage to do it. I'm not afraid of researching chocolate suppliers and candy equipment and I'm definitely not afraid of all of the work making the chocolates or the party favors. In fact, I really like making the treats.

I'm afraid of the food licensing rules in the great state of Texas. You see, the state will not issue a food license unless the food is made in a location that is not a residence. It makes sense and I completely understand the reasoning, but the whole point of setting up this business is that I could do it while my kids were napping, in my own kitchen, on my own time.

Of course, I can do it anyway and just not have a license, but I am a total scare-dy cat and goody two shoes who has this thing about following the law.

There are commercial kitchens nearby that rent out space by the hour, but it just doesn't seem feasible when toting around an infant, especially when it takes hours to make, set and form the chocolate.

Hmmmm.....any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment