Friday, August 31, 2007

Sydneyisms and Jerk of the Week

Our current favorite Sydneyisms:

"Liam! It's not your job to play with that!" (she's very into "jobs" and who is responsible for what)

"Liam! I can't hear my shows - be quiet!" (ahhh....payback's a pain, isn't it?)

"He's annoying me!" (take a guess who "he" is in this scenario)

"That's not nice! You can't tell me what to do!" (this one was directed toward me and followed by a time out)

"Liam's about to hurt himself." (after we told her not to tattle unless someone was about to get hurt)

"When I grow up into a grown up, I can stay up as late as I want."

"When I grow up into a grown up, I can have a TV in my room."

"When I grow up into a grown up, I can eat TWO desserts."

Can you tell she can't wait to grow up?

****************************

This week's Jerk of the Week should actually be renamed "Creep of the Week". What makes it worse is that I actually know this guy. He used to be my doctor when I was growing up (he was one of two doctors in town - there really wasn't a choice) and then he was my customer when I worked as a pharmacy clerk and tech. He completely creeped me out when I was teenager (as a customer - I'd changed doctors by then) and now I know why. Turns out that my "female intuition" was right on with this guy. Ewwww.

No comments:

Post a Comment