Thursday, September 27, 2007

I Take it Back

About six months ago, I wrote about how "The Money Pit" was the funniest movie ever. It still is a funny movie, but laughing off our own "money pit" issues has gone by the wayside. Our home's little quirks and oddities are just getting on my nerves now.

We've been contemplating either moving or building onto our little bungalow but before we do either, there are several major "fix-it" jobs that have to be done. Here's what needs to be done (soon):

1. Trim the trees.
2. "Tent" for termites (a very long, drawn out process in itself).
3. Clear out all the junk past contractors/owners have left under the house.
4. Have the house leveled.
5. Have the beams underneath the house mapped out.

So far we've managed to accomplish the first one. It took a month of dealing with tree people (getting quotes, dealing with a "no-show", etc) just to get three trees trimmed. I can't imagine how long it's going to take to get the other ones taken care of. And the termite tenting needs to be done SOON because we're now seeing evidence of the little buggers. And I rather not have our house fall down. Or maybe I would like it to fall down because then we don't have to deal with the "list".

Sometimes I hate being a grown up. I don't know how my parents made it look so easy when I was little.

Any thoughts on the move or add-on issue? This will surely be the subject of many future posts so feel free to think about it for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment