Tuesday, July 22, 2008

File Under "W".....

....for "What was I thinking?"

Every now and then, I get the urge to chop off my hair. I got such an urge last week. So I found a picture that I liked and took it to my hairdresser.

Before I went in, I looked like this:

Photobucket

Photobucket


I wanted to look like this.

Here is what I look like now:

Photobucket

Photobucket


I apologize for the fuzziness - with our camera, it's kind of hard to take a picture of yourself without the flash that doesn't turn out fuzzy.

Anyway, I don't think it looks all that bad, but, it takes me forever took make it look decent. And by forever I mean twenty to thirty minutes which may not seem that long, but to a mom with three kids, two of whom are under two, I don't have that much time.

But, I'm working on it and I'm developing a system. Granted, the system involves getting up with the chickens to have an extra twenty minutes each morning. But, every day it starts to look a little bit more like Gwyneth's hair so I know I'll eventually get there.

And a funny side note to the new haircut: my sister also got her hair cut last week and her new "do" looks eerily similar to mine. Weird, huh?


Liam also got his very first haircut.

Here's what he looked like before:

Photobucket

Photobucket
(Look at the curls!!!!!)


Here's what he looked like during (with a mouthful of goldfish crackers):

Photobucket


And here's what he looks like now:

Photobucket
(I know it's not a close-up, but if I zoomed in anymore, he'd be really fuzzy.)


Thankfully, he still has most of his curls, but I know that when he's a little bit older, we'll have to go with a much shorter hair-do for him.

And I have a feeling that I'll be collecting all those chopped-off little curls to keep in his baby book (I already saved a few from this haircut). He may not care when he's older, but I bet his future wife will ooh and ahh over them.

No comments:

Post a Comment