Friday, July 25, 2008

I'm Totally Stealing the "Fun Fact Friday" Idea

Like the title states, I'm totally going to steal Erica's Fun Fact Friday idea. Of course, I think she stole it from someone else, so I don't feel all that guilty about it.

But first, I wanted to say thanks for all the compliments on the new hair-do. With each passing day, it looks more and more like Gwyneth's from "Sliding Doors". I don't know if I'm actually learning how to do it or if I'm just kidding myself. Either way, *I* don't have a crew of ten people working on my hair and makeup everyday like she did for the movie, so I know it won't be perfect. And I agree with Shannon, it does look like Kate's from Jon & Kate Plus Eight. In fact, I looked for a picture of her hair and couldn't find one that I liked, so I went with Gwyneth's instead.

And now on to the facts!

1. I'm a picky drinker. I'll eat pretty much anything you put in front of me, but I only drink water, milk, Sprite and root beer. I don't like juice (except for an occasional glass of cran-grape juice), tea or coffee. And thanks to back to back pregnancies, I don't drink anything with caffeine or alcohol, either.

2. I once drove through a tornado. I was driving back home from the beauty shop after having my hair done for my senior prom when I drove through a huge gust of wind and rain. Then a tree fell in front of my car. It turns out that a tornado literally travelled down the same road I was on and I drove right through it. Sadly, two people died in the mobile home community that I passed about thirty seconds before the tornado hit it.

3. I taught about 600 students in my five years as a geography teacher. Only two were shorter than me.

4. I cannot read a road map to save my life. I taught GEOGRAPHY and I cannot read a road map. How sad is that?

5. I have a slight obsession with Colin Firth. I'll watch anything he's in. Anything. I cannot stand musicals (look! two facts in one!), but when this comes out on DVD, I think I'll rent it.


Well, there you go. Five fun (well, more weird than fun) things about me. How about you? Any fun facts I should know about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment