Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Bragging Rights

I don't brag about my kids much, but all three have done some things worthy of bragging in the last couple of weeks.

Sydney:
1. She now recites the entire Lord's Prayer each night before bed. She makes a few little cute mistakes (substituting "my" for "thy" which is rather hilarious - "My kingdom come, My will be done"), but I think it's pretty impressive for someone who can only read words with no more than five letters.
2. She sits by herself in church when I can't be there and Ryan is playing in the band. She stands when she's supposed to, sings (singing "Recipe the name of the Lord" instead of "Blessed be the name of the Lord" - too funny), prays, puts a dollar in the collection plate and colors quietly during the sermon. I couldn't be prouder of her if I tried.
3. She didn't cry when she didn't win the "Prettiest Princess" contest at the production of "Cinderella" that I took her to this past weekend. About 50 little girls wore their finest princess costumes and the little girl right next to her won. She was one of the few girls not crying when the results were announced. Here's a picture of her after the play sitting in Cinderella's carriage:

Photobucket


Liam:
1. He is adding quite a few animal sounds to his limited vocabulary. He's recently picked up "quack, quack", "ribbit", "woof" and an elephant sound (which I do not know how to write). He's also a big fan of "vroom" and "whooosh", which is apparently the sound a zeppelin makes. His favorites are still "uh-oh" and "ah-gah" which translates to "all gone."
2. He puts himself in timeout. Really. Timeout has been moved to his room with the door shut and when he does something naughty (hit, bite, pull hair, scream), I'll say, "Go to time out," and he'll march to his room and shut the door. Makes my life a lot easier, that's for sure.
3. He insists on eating whatever I'm eating which means his culinary horizons are expanding. He also insists on feeding himself everything which makes for a mess, but I'm glad he's becoming more independent. Here he is after eating a homemade fudgesickle:

Photobucket


Evan:
1. He is quite the cooer. My days are filled with "goos" and "ahhhs". Makes me smile all day.
2. He can roll over from his tummy to his back. At first, I thought it was a fluke since he's not quite three months old, but he does it quite consistently.
3. He is HUGE. I've had to put away all of his clothes and pull out Liam's 6-9 month clothes. I was worried that I'd have to buy Evan a ton of clothes since he and Liam were born in opposite seasons, but luckily, he fits right in Liam's old outfits since Liam was a peanut of a little guy. Here's Evan in a six month romper in his Bumbo:

Photobucket


Okay, I'm done bragging. Back to the regularly scheduled programming in the next post.....

No comments:

Post a Comment