Monday, January 14, 2008

Another Milestone

Liam has reached another milestone. No, he's not walking. I wish he would walk, but he seems determined to make me look like the worst mother in the world for his 15 month checkup in a few weeks. According to the pediatrician, by 15 months he should be walking, talking, off the bottle and off the pacifier. We're 0-4 according to her list. Oh well.

Anyway, the milestone is........drumroll, please........

Liam is now sleeping in Sydney's room (we only have two bedrooms). Ryan and I have our room back!!!! At least for the next four months. I've been using naptimes to clean and organize our room (two activities that are way overdue). I've been using bedtimes to watch TV in bed. Oh, how I've missed watching TV in bed in the evenings.

Both Liam and Sydney have adjusted fairly well to the change. He fussed a bit at bedtime his first night but slept through the night until 7 am (yeah!) and fell asleep with no problems last night. Granted, he woke up at 6:30 this morning, but I hurriedly snatched him up and we had a nice snuggle in my bed until Sydney woke up.

As for the pediatrician's milestones, I'm pretty sure the evening bottle will be dropped by his checkup, but the walking and talking are up to him. And the pacifier - well, she's just going to have to give me the "evil eye" on that one. He's about to go through some major changes and I'm not taking away that pacifier until we are nice and settled in our new house sometime next summer/fall. She'll just have to live with it. And I'll just have to endure the "evil eye" until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment