Friday, January 18, 2008

Stress Relief Part Two

A big thanks to Miss Mairzy and Mommy Daisy for their stress relief tips. I kind of combined their ideas last night by putting the kids to bed and fixing myself a cup of fancy hot chocolate with tons of marshmallows; I ration my fancy (read: expensive) hot chocolate and save it for special occasions, but I figured, "Hey, what's more important than relieving stress?" so I treated myself to a cup. I just might do it again tonight since Ryan is volunteering at church this evening.

As for the stresses in my life, I decided to tackle them one by one. First, I received an e-mail saying that the kindergarten paperwork has been accepted (meaning I included everything they asked for) and will be processed in the coming weeks. Whew! There's one (kinda) down.

Second, worrying about my friend who is going through the divorce does not help him. So I'm just going to be supportive and listen when he needs it. And I'm going to keep my mouth shut when his soon-to-be ex-wife tries to pry information out of me.

Third, we're going to tackle our home improvements systematically. My sister has kindly volunteered to keep the kids tomorrow so Ryan and I are going to paint our bathroom a neutral (boring) color. And he has Monday off so we'll probably be able to finish up the bathroom and maybe even move on to the laundry room.

Fourth, I will try to delegate more household chores so that I'm not so exhausted by the end of the day. Sydney is old enough to start doing some chores so I'm going to start getting her to do some things around here. She's already found a favorite:

Photobucket

So....keep those stress relief tips coming and if any baby boy names happen to cross your mind, jot those down for me, too, okay? We've got about 10 girl names and TWO boy names. Which, if history repeats itself, means that this baby is a boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment