Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Back on the Diet.....Sigh

When I found out that I was pregnant, our diet pretty much went out the window. All I could stomach was grilled cheese sandwiches or Mexican grilled cheese sandwiches (quesadillas). And with Ryan's new job, he no longer had time to make our steel cut oats in the morning. Heaven knows I don't have time to make them seeing how in one hour's time I have to: get Sydney up and out of bed, get Liam up, feed Liam breakfast while fixing Sydney's lunch, get Sydney's breakfast ready, get Liam dressed, toss Sydney her clothes so she can get dressed, wash and dry my hair, get myself dressed, brush Liam's teeth, monitor Sydney's teeth brushing, fix Sydney's hair and get out the door by 8 so Sydney can get to school. I don't eat breakfast until after I drop Sydney off and I usually end up making something easy, like peanut butter toast or hot Grape Nuts.

Unfortunately, it looks like we're going to have make time for the steel cut oats again. We'll also have to do another thorough cleaning of the pantry to weed out the carbs and sugar. And forget the caramel corn and chocolate milkshakes I've been craving.

You see, I had my regular obstetrician visit this morning and while my blood pressure was great and the baby's heart rate was fabulous, one thing was not so hot. Although I am only 23 weeks along in my pregnancy, the baby is measuring at 26 weeks. Considering that I usually have small babies (6 lbs., 2 oz., and 5 lbs., 11 oz.), the doctor is quite concerned about the baby's unusual size. He's worried that I might have gestational diabetes this time around. And here I thought I was going to be able to get through this pregnancy without worrying. NOT.

My official glucose test is set for next month, but in the meantime, we'll be jumping back on the diet train. I sure am going to miss pie, cake, cookies, milkshakes, ice cream, bread and pasta in the coming months.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment