Monday, January 7, 2008

Decisions, decisions........

Remember George? He's the neighbor who once promised to sell his house to us (so we could build on to our house and have a yard) and then backed out at the last minute. Well, we were upset, but we got over it and decided to move on with our lives. Hence, our decision to move to the Land of Fruit next summer.

Well, once again, George is screwing with our heads. Several things have transpired since my last mention of him: his son's girlfriend had a baby and the son temporarily moved in with her and her family and George's company has decided to open a location in a tiny town down the Texas coast. It just happens to be the same tiny town in which George owns some property. And he's been planning to build a house on said property and retire there. He's hoping to get transferred down there and that means - you guessed it - he'd be moving.

BUT (you knew there had to be a "but", right?), he's going to let his loser son do what he wants with the house. He might live in it (since rents in the area are so high) or he might sell it. Who knows.

Ryan asked him to keep us in mind if he decides to sell, but who knows when that might be. It could be next month or it could be three years from now.

In any case, we're back to square one on the "stay or move" question. We've pretty much decided against adding onto our house in it's current state (WAY too expensive to build "up" which is our only option) and we had resigned ourselves to moving to the Land of Fruit. But now, if there's a chance we could get his property and add onto our house and have a yard, then we feel like we have to take it.

I've started the paperwork to get Sydney into a good elementary school here just in case, but now we have to decide if we want to wait on George - AGAIN - or just move to the Land of Fruit and get on with our lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment