Monday, November 19, 2007

Thankful Day One

Seeing as it's Thanksgiving week and I've been pretty negative lately due to morning sickness, I've decided that this week's posts will be dedicated to the things I'm thankful for. Today's topic: my husband.

I am so thankful for my husband. We've known each other since the fourth grade, have been together for 11 years and married for almost seven of those years. He knows me better than anyone and I am convinced that there is no other man on this planet who would put up with me for as long as he has.

He is very patient and does not have a temper and let's just say that we are polar opposites when it comes to those two personality traits. We rarely argue and although he claims that is because he can't win arguments with me and doesn't even try anymore, I think it's because we just don't have a lot to argue about. We share similar interests, we finish each other's sentences and we have about a million private jokes. It's kind of scary, actually.

He is a wonderful father. Both Sydney and Liam light up when he gets home from work. He gives them their baths every evening and plays with them until they go to bed. He is Sydney's hero (as he should be) and will be an excellent example for Liam as he (Liam) grows into a man and has a family of his own.

As much as I complain about him (and to him), I am very thankful he's my husband. He truly is my lobster (private joke).

No comments:

Post a Comment